Cross Country’s Last Regular Season Meet

Jaden Kanan, Reporter

On Saturday, October 17, the PHS boys and girls cross country team traveled to Farmington to compete in the Farmington invitational. The weather was perfect for running that day besides the wind which was blowing at speeds of 15-20 MPH. This made it a lot more difficult for the Trojans.

There were four races including boys and girls varsity and JV. Medals were awarded to the top 40 finishers of each race. PHS’s top runner for the girls was Sophomore Celeste Sansegraw, finishing in 4th place with a time of 20:40. Other top finishers for the girls are Freshman Carlee Moss finishing 19th (21:37) just barely beating Sophomore Gracie Shutz who came in right behind her with a time of 21:38. Senior Hallie Portell finished 23rd (21:49) and another freshman not too far behind her in 28th with a time of 22:01.  

Hannah Jarvis

Our top finisher for our varsity boys was Senior Will Jarvis finishing in 12th place with a time of 17:57. Other top finishers for our boys were Ezekiel Sisk who finished 15 (18:05), Sophomore Jaden Kanan who finished 27th (18:23), Garrett Hale finished 30th (18:31), and finishing a few places behind him was Sophomore Tanner Gibson in 36th with time of 18:38.

The varsity boys ended up finishing 2nd place overall, missing first by just 2 points to Farmington. The varsity girls finished in third overall. Many personal records were set this weekend by the boys and the girls. The PHS cross country team’s next meet is at Arcadia Valley on October 31 where they hope to set more personal records and become district champs.