The Story of Emilee Hector

Jade Williams, Reporter

Emilee Hector is another 2021 PHS senior who is in the top ten percent of her class. Her current activities include: volleyball, Student Council, Student Ambassadors, FHCC, FCA, and NHS. Unpredictable is how she would describe her crazy senior year. With this pandemic happening, Emilee still has hope that it will be normal again.

She plans to go to Maryville university for a direct entry to the doctor of Physical Therapy Program. Emilee said, ”I hope to be a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy.” Since COVID is still around, she hopes to have a normal college experience and live on campus as an underclassmen. 

One thing she will miss about PHS is all the assemblies and homecomings she has spent with her friends. Emilee said, “I will miss Christmas assemblies, football homecoming and the band playing the fight song.” 

She also mentioned that she will miss the volleyball team. Emilee said, “I will miss playing with my team and listening to the fight song as we walk out together.” One thing she wished she would have experienced in school is having a study hall for all seniors and student athletes like they did before she got to highschool.

Out of all the teachers she has had, Emilee picked Mrs. Rousan as her favorite. Emilee said, “Mrs. Rousan was my favorite teacher because she was always giving the best advice to our student body and was always there for anyone when they needed anything.”