Meet Pip and Squeak!

Over many years, Potosi High School has had countless talented students in its theater program. This school year there have been two students who really stick out: Isabella DiFiori and Noelle Porter. Both of these students are playing in The Real Story of Alice in Wonderland, playing Pip and Squeak, the narrators of the show. DiFiori and Porter are also on the Speech and Debate team. They have accomplished lots this year and are going to state for speech and debate.

Isabella DiFiori is currently a junior who plays Pip, a narrator who represents Mean Alice’s voice. DiFiori describes her character as “super sarcastic and stubborn but also enthusiastic. She’s like the fun, bad influence who likes a little bit of chaos.” She also explains that she loves practicing as Pip and can show a lot of personality through this role. DiFiori said, “I feel very accomplished with this play! We’ve managed to pull this off in a very short amount of time due to having so many snow days. There has been high energy throughout practices and you can tell everyone is happy to be there.” DiFiori goes on to explain that the show is very hands-on and there’s lots of crowd interaction. She also describes the play as funny and promises it will make the audience feel like they are in Wonderland with the cast. 

Noelle Porter is currently a sophomore who plays the second narrator, Squeak. Porter explains her character by saying, “She is a mouse that is telling Nice Alice’s part of the story.” She goes on to express her feelings of playing Squeak. “I love playing Squeak! I love being able to narrate with my best friend Bella and all the audience interaction.” She said that she’s made lots of memories and has had so much fun being a part of this play so far. Porter also said, “I can’t wait for everyone to see all the hard work the cast and crew have put in!” Porter tells us that there will be lots of audience interaction and every member will have lots of fun! This is definitely a show you won’t want to miss.