The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

PHS baseball starts season with three consecutive games

Baseball having a uplifting team talk before playing in their game.

The Potosi Trojan Baseball team had a rapid start in games this week. The Trojans played Monday, 3/18, Tuesday, 3/19, and Wednesday, 3/20. They played the St. Pius Lancers on 3/18, the Cuba Wildcats on 3/19, and the Herculaneum Blackcats on 3/20. They played the Lancers and Blackcats at home and the Wildcats at Cuba. 

The Trojans won to the Lancers on Monday with a score of 10-3. The Trojans lost to the Wildcats on Tuesday with a score of 7-6. For their third game this week the Trojans won against the Blackcats on Wednesday with a score of 11-1. Going 2-3 this week the Trojans have had an impressive start to their season. 

Freshman Zane Blount said, “I think we played best against South Iron, we had the right mindset and were all ready to win the game that day.”

The Trojans scored an impressive 3 runs in the first inning against the Lancers and kept pushing to get their eventual win. The Trojans were winning against the Wildcats 6-0 then in the sixth inning the Wildcats scored 7 runs to make the comeback and win the game. The Trojans won against the Blackcats in the 5th inning by mercy rule. 

The Trojans next game is on Tuesday, March 26 at home against Sullivan.