Potosi Choir Makes History!

The All-District choir members smile after just receiving the news that they made the Choir! Pictured Top Left to Bottom Right: Seth Greenwood, Luke Bequette, Robert Wells, Wyatt Knapp, Chase Glore, Tucker Juliette, Seth Wright, Kalie Thompson, Noelle Porter, Bella DiFiori and Audrey Neel

Chase Glore

Twenty members of the Potosi Concert Choir went to Hillsboro High School on Monday, Sept. 20 to try out for the All-District Choir. They performed an Italian piece called “Alma Del Core” and were quizzed with a sight reading test. Of those twenty who tried out, eleven made the choir! In 2019, eleven students made history for the most Potosi students in All-District Choir. This record was matched this year by having eleven students making the All-District choir again! Not only this, but eight members qualified to try-out for the All-State Choir. This is a new Potosi Record! Most people from Potosi to qualify for All-State Choir tryouts!

The All-District choir is a prestigious choir that accepts the highest scoring singers in the district. Choir members from all over the area come together to compete for a place in this selected group. For a comparison, Potosi is a part of the Southeast Central District which contains about twenty-six schools. The top forty of each section were accepted out of about 80-100 singers trying out in each section.

All-District Members

• Kalie Thompson- Soprano
  • Bella Difiori- Alto
  • Audrey Neel- Alto
  • Noelle Porter- Alto
  • Seth Wright- Tenor
  • Seth Greenwood- Tenor
  • Robby Wells- Tenor
  • Wyatt Knapp- Bass
  • Luke Bequette- Bass
  • Chase Glore- Bass
  • Tucker Juliette- Bass

All-State Qualifiers

Of those eleven All-District members, eight qualified to try out for the All-State choir. To qualify for this, a singer must place in the top twenty scores of the entire section. Those singers will sing another song at a later date and only the top four scores will make the All-State Choir. 

• Kalie Thompson- Soprano
  • Audrey Neel- Alto
  • Seth Wright- Tenor
  • Robby Wells- Tenor
  • Tucker Juliette- Bass
  • Chase Glore- Bass
  • Luke Bequette- Bass
  • Wyatt Knapp- Bass