Lady Trojans Best Record Since 2012!

Jade Williams, Reporter

On Tuesday, October 19, the volleyball Lady Trojans took two victories scoring 5th in the conference tournament of their class. The Lady Trojans’ record heading into the district tournament was 20-10-1. This is one of the best records since 2012!  Those victories gave them confidence as they were about to play their first round of districts against the Ste. Genevieve Dragons.

The girls had a pretty tough season, considering they lost their big middle, Anita McCaul. Annie was a big contribution to the team and losing her made each game more of a battle. They battled every game like it was their last. 

“I’m glad that I was able to be back to play my last game of the volleyball season,” McCaul mentioned.

They played for each other and they played to win just like coach Sadler taught them. All the girls wanted as a team was to win districts. That was their season goal. Even though that didn’t come true they still came pretty close to that goal. 

“Let’s take all that grit and hustle and take it into next year and take that district championship,” Sadler said. 

Some of the girls’ highlights for the year include sophomore Paige West and junior Kadence Sadler taking all-team tournament winners for the Cuba tournament. Another accomplishment was that the team was back. They had their ups and downs, but when it came to being on that court, they were sisters, a family, a team that had the potential to be great. Some games that were so important to the ladies were Central, West County, North County, and Fredericktown. “ I wanted to beat these teams so bad. We won some, we lost some but it was definitely a step up from a few seasons ago,” Coach Sadler said during the season. 

As the Trojans stepped up to the court to play what could possibly be their last game they came out with confidence and endurance. The Trojans battled with the Dragons but fell short and were defeated. Although the girls were sad and mad all at the same time, they kept their chins up and they knew this wasn’t the end. 

“This is not the end of this team, and this isn’t the end of this court. Good luck with basketball and softball, and track. This is not the end of us.” Coach Sadler said.  

“I love you guys and I will miss being on this court with everyone,” senior Chelbi Poucher said. 

As the team broke their huddle for the final time this season, senior Carley Hampton said, “This one is a good one.” Everyone laughed and cried at the same time. Then she said, “Sisterhood on 3. 1..2..3 to sisterhood.”