Lady Trojans Victory Over The Lady Rebels

Aubree Wilson, Reporter

The PHS Softball team dominated Central High School at home on April 4, defeating the Rebels 4-1. Senior pitcher Sami Huck had a remarkable evening with 16 strikeouts for the game.

The Trojans led off the game with a scoreless first half of the inning. With the Trojans up to bat, Freshman Maggie Williams walked and Sophomore Gracie Lawson smacked the first pitch that was thrown to the fence giving her a double. With the bases loaded, Freshman Lily Bryan came up to bat. She walked, giving the Trojans a 1-0 lead. Lead off hitter, Senior Chelbi Poucher, hit a ground ball to third. With an error from Central, the Trojans scored another run making the score 2-0.

In the third inning, with one out and no one on base, Central hit a ground ball to second baseman, Gracie Lawson. She quickly throws the ball to make the play at first base.

As the Trojans came up to bat, Huck kept a watchful eye out for the perfect ball, launching a home run to the center field. The ball landed on the concrete basketball court, a shot of at least 230 feet.

In the bottom of the 4th inning, the Lady Trojans were up 3-0.  Bryan had a hit to left field. Central made multiple errors allowing Bryan to slide into third base. Junior Emily Hochstatter hit a ball to center field and Junior Jade Williams followed suit, giving the Trojans another run. The Lady Rebels managed to score in the top of the 7th but they fell short. The final score was 4-1 with a solid victory for the Lady Trojans.

This win brought the Trojans season to 5-3. The Lady Trojans will take on the Lady Indians on Wednesday, April 6th at Bismarck at 4:30 PM.