The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Marching Band is Off to Bellville!

The Potosi Trojan Marching Band is competing at the Greater St. Louis Marching Band Festival.
Marching Band is Off to Bellville!

The PHS Marching Band is going to Illinois for the first time this season on Saturday, October 7 in Bellveille. The band will march at 4:30. They head to Pinckneyville Illinois on later this month on October 28.

“This will probably be the biggest competition this year,” Mr. Simms, Band Director said about the October 7 contest.

There is going to be a total of 24 bands competing this weekend.  The competition will be split into two haves. The smaller school division, and then the larger school division. The Potosi Marching Band will be the largest band in the smaller school division.

The band plans on bringing it and showing the judges how it’s done. They are going last for the first half of the competition so that is a great opportunity to show off their hard work this year.

The schedule for this Saturday includes rehearsing on the field, traveling to Belleville, warming up, performing, watching the Belleville West Exhibition, the awards ceremony, watching other bands perform, and then heading back home.

If you would like to follow the band over there, the address is Belleville West HS 4063 Frank Scott Pkwy W, Bellville, IL.

The band students need to wear black socks and everyone will get their show shirts on Saturday. If you forget your black socks, Simms and your section leaders will be disappointed. “Don’t be sorry, be better,” Simms reminds.