The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

FCCLAs Annual Trick or Treat Carnival

On Tuesday Oct 31, PHS club FCCLA will be participating in trick or treating giving out candy to trick or treaters.

FCCLA has been planning the trick or treating event all month, gathering supplies and candy from club members.

The club will be setting up carnival games for the kids to play to earn candy or other prizes. There will be spider cornhole, pumpkin basketball, eyeball pong, find the spider and more.

For the games, they are very simple. Spider cornhole is just like normal cornhole, except you toss a plastic spider into the hole. Pumpkin basketball will be set up with a mini basketball hoop shaped like a pumpkin with mini pumpkins being tossed into the hoop. For eyeball pong, there will be cups set up with plastic eyeballs for kids to toss into the cups. Find the spider is a game where there will be three cups turned upside down with a plastic spider underneath. The kids will be shown the spider under one cup before the cups get mixed around. After the cups are mixed around, the kid will then pick which cup they think the spider is under.

For the games, they will be set up in a line so kids can go through and play them if they’d like, though for the little kids they don’t have to play them and can go through for some candy at the end. The games can give kids an extra chance to earn extra candy or prizes.

“My goal is for it to have a big turn-up and the little kids enjoy it.” FCCLA club sponsor Mrs. Smith said.

The club members are encouraged to wear Halloween costumes or Halloween themed attire to fit in with the spooky atmosphere.

The club members of FCCLA will be the ones handing out the candy and prizes to the trick or treaters. They are very excited to be handing out candy and prizes to the trick or treaters.