The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Senior Sunrise

Senior+Sunrise

Potosi High School Seniors held Senior Sunrise earlier this year for the students graduating early. It was held, early in the morning, on Aug. 29, on the football field. 

Years prior to this year, seniors held their Senior Sunrise closer to Graduation. But, the Class of 2024 likes to be different and involve their entire class. So, this year they held Senior Sunrise at the beginning of the school year, so that the students in their class that are graduating early could be involved.

Potosi High School Senior Kaelynn Mosier put together this event. She sent out a group message to the seniors, asking for opinions on when and how they wanted to go about doing Senior Sunrise this year. Once the details were finalized she sent another message out to the seniors with finalized details on the event.

Tuesday, at 5:30 a.m., 35 Seniors woke up before sunrise to meet on the football field to watch the sunrise. Potosi High School Senior Nicole Fryman said, “We have always been a close class, but it made me happy to see 35 of us show up to Senior Sunrise. That shows how close we really are, and that we all want to spend as many of these last moments that we can together, even if it’s early in the morning.”

They stood and sat on the football field admiring the colors in the sky that the sunrise brought.

They spent this time laughing, and talked about their 12 years spent together in school, and all the memories made throughout those years. Mosier said that the seniors enjoyed visiting with friends, and were looking forward to enjoying their last year together, so it was the perfect event to begin senior year. 

Potosi High School Seniors Andrew Declue and Hailey Wood made a Senior Sunrise picture frame that the Seniors could hold up and take pictures behind. 

Potosi High School Senior Aiden Martinez brought doughnuts from Casey’s for the seniors to snack on. 

Around 6:30 a.m. the event ended, and seniors left the football field. Some seniors went to McDonalds for breakfast, some to Bearfoot Cafe, and some to the local coffee shops, to wait out the hour before school bagan.

Throughout the day they shared pictures taken that morning with each other, and Mosier shared a Tik Tok she made of the event.