The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Exciting plans in store for football homecoming week

Preparations are already in full swing for this year’s football homecoming week! From new, exciting activities to big the game itself, this week is something for everyone to look forward to.

This year, the festivities will last all the way from Monday, Sep. 25 through Saturday, Sep. 30.

Students may have already noticed some interesting alterations from the typical homecoming schedule. The football homecoming dance will now be semi-formal! It will be held on Saturday, Sep. 20 in the round building. Students are encouraged to dress nicely. If any girls would like to wear a dress but are having trouble getting one, please see Mrs. Portell.

As for the big football game itself, your Trojans will be facing off against a tough St. Genevieve squad. Senior quarterback Luke Brabham said, “St. Gen is looking pretty good this year, but we’re also working hard at practice, trying to get better. We’re a young team but we’re going to do good.” The Trojans suffered a loss in each of their first two games of the season, but are looking to bounce back and gain some momentum before Homecoming.

To increase school spirit leading up to the game, make sure to participate in the week’s spirit days. The student body was offered an opportunity to vote for this year’s homecoming theme and the theme “All the Wild Things” was chosen. The specific spirit day themes are as follows:

Monday: Rhyme without Reason – Dress up with a friend as two unrelated things that rhyme (For example, Wizard/Lizard)

Tuesday: Generations of Life – Dress up as the different stages of life

• Freshman – babies,
  • Sophomores – adolescents
  • Juniors – adults
  • Seniors – senior citizens

Wednesday: Wacky vs. Classy – wear silly clothes or get all dressed up

Thursday: Out of this world! – Dress up as aliens, astronauts, etc

Friday: Purple and Gold

To add to the spirit, each grade will face off in the annual class float competition. Details are still being worked out as of now, but it’s guaranteed to be a heated battle between groups.

Along with the classic “powderpuff” girls’ football game, this year, guys were hopefully going to have an opportunity to participate in the “powderbuff” volleyball game. Sadly, this event was postponed due to scheduling concerns. Senior Student Council President Noelle Porter said, “We couldn’t do powderbuff because of other activities going on during the Friday of homecoming.”

As more information on this fun week is released, make sure to pay attention to announcements on the intercom and from your teachers.