The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Student Council promotes kindness

Potosi High School Student Council celebrated Random Acts of Kindness Day on Thursday Aug. 30 by doing kind gestures for students throughout the day.

Random Acts of Kindness day is a day where society can do small gestures or make kind comments to make someone’s day a little brighter. The Student Council works hard on this activity from the beginning of the year in order to make someone’s day a little brighter. 

For this day the Student Council placed positive sticky notes on student’s lockers and teacher’s doors. Another way that the Student Council participated in this day was by giving high-fives to students and greeting them as they walked through the school doors that morning 

Student Council leader Mrs. Lewis said, “We should always throw kindness around like glitter.” We should always be kind to others around us and make it have a positive impact in their lives.

Mr. Boyd another Student Council leader said, “It’s not about the size of the act but the act itself.” So, no matter how big or small the gesture is that you do, it can still have the same impact on the person. 

Sophomore Student Council representative Macy Saunders said, “I like Random Acts of Kindness day but I wish we did a lot more for it. It’s kind of just like a pick me up day at the beginning of the year, it’s nice to have. Random Acts of Kindness day should be every day.”