The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

New clubs to participate in at PHS

This year at Potosi high school there are a lot of new clubs. Including Book club, Help club, and FCCLA.

Joining the book club can help expand your horizon of vocabulary and much more. Once books fall open you’ll end up falling in! The club meets monthly to have a group discussion.“I hope we can accomplish reading more books that spread into more genres.” Mrs.Christopher says. If you are interested in joining, see Mrs.Christopher to get the  Google Classroom code to know when the meeting dates are and much more.

The Help club is another new club at PHS. Mrs.Griffin runs the help club, it cost $5 to join and you can sign up for the club until Sep 20. 

The Help club is an acronym for “Help Educate Little People” and within the club you will be helping prevent high school aged students from using substances while driving. The group will get together and think of projects on how to prevent students from using substances while driving.

“I hope we are able to encourage high school kids to not use substances while driving with our projects.” 

FCCLA is a community service based club that Mrs.Smith has organized. To join the club you will need to get a club application form from Mrs.Smith, there is a $10 fee for the club. In FCCLA you will be doing community service projects each month. For the month of September Mrs.Smith is gathering up care items to give to those in need.

The items she has requested are new deodorants, soaps, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hairbrushes and anything else of similar nature. If you bring anything, please make sure they are brand new. Mrs.Smith will appreciate anything that is brought in.If you would like to donate any care items, give them to Mrs.Smith in room 1!