The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The TLC Club is planning a trip to Chicago

Potosi High School TLC club sponsors, Mrs. Lively and Mrs. Cordia are planning a trip to Chicago at the end of April with the TLC club members.

TLC stands for, Teaching, Learning, and Caring. Their main focus is to help others. Potosi High School Senior, and TLC club President Lexie Gum said, “Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be part of.” 

To join the club, you have to pay the due of five dollars. 

This Club is still new, and they are looking for more students to join. They are growing and learning about the club, as they go. One of the TLC club sponsors, Mrs Cordia said, “We need more members, if you want to go to Chicago with us, come join our club, and come to our next meeting.” 

Currently, there are only a couple of members. Potosi High School Senior, Lexie Gum is the TLC club President. Potosi High School Senior, Heidi Seiberlich is the TLC club Vice President.

TLC club members meet every first Thursday of each month in Mrs. Lively’s room.

Their next meeting will be Oct. 5, in Mrs. Lively’s room, at 7:20 a.m. In this meeting, they will be discussing fundraising ideas, to raise money for their trip to Chicago.

Some of the fundraising ideas that the TLC members have already mentioned are, ringing Salvation Army bells at Walmart, and holding a Silent Auction. 

If you want to help, teach, learn, care for others, and go to Chicago, join the TLC club!