The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

PHS Drama Students Travel to MAC in Support of Teacher

Mr. Dement and the students at MAC for the show Harvey on Thursday evening.

PHS drama students gathered in the commons area on September 14 to travel to Mineral Area College. High school teacher, Mr. Dement played an important role in the show Harvey, as Dr. Chumly. Drama students wanted to go to show support and their love for theater. The show started at 6:30 p.m. and students returned to the school around 10 p.m.. While at the college, the group was chaperoned by Mr. Boyd. They were complimented several times throughout the night.

Mr. Dement later made a Facebook post saying, “These students were bragged on by fellow audience members and MAFAA admins for their etiquette, behavior, character, and appearance. They truly lived gold tonight, and with their overwhelming support for me I know they love purple.” Some students even dressed for the time period during the play.

Remember to show support for the things you love, like living purple and loving gold.