The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Students can get their CPR certifications with Mrs. Bernhardt

Mrs. Bernhardt with a CPR dummy.

PHS health teacher Mrs. Bernhardt is offering PHS students the opportunity to become Red Cross CPR certified during Trojan Time in her classroom. This certification is different than the CPR training that students receive in health class, and it’s also a great value to students: it will save both time and money.

Normally, students seeking Red Cross CPR certification would have to take an online course after school or on the weekends and pay $37. However, thanks to Mrs. Bernhardt, PHS students can take the class with a live instructor during school hours for only $5 (Red Cross required fee).

Mrs. Bernhardt is offering this class for up to 12 participants at a time to help them get through the online course and physical training required to pass. Students can ask their Trojan Time teacher to be put in Mrs. Bernhardt’s tutoring for a few weeks beginning the first week of October. The certification will be good for two years. There will be about two hours of online training, with an additional two hours of physical training.

Mrs. Bernhardt said, “I am a certified instructor through the American Red Cross. I can certify teachers and students in adult and pediatric first aid, CPR, and AED procedures.”

There are many perks of being CPR-certified, especially for anyone involved in child care, elderly care, or sports. It gives the skills it takes to be able to save lives. There will forever be a need for people who can do CPR correctly. Many employers require CPR certification, and this credential would boost any student’s resume.