The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

CTA Launches Inspiring Essay Contest

Wyatt Schaffer
Photo of CTA Representative Mr. Huddleston

The Community Teachers Association (CTA) is sponsoring an essay contest for students across the district to take part in, regarding a teacher that has made a profound impact on their life. For the contest, there is a winning prize of a $25 Walmart gift card for first place, $15 for second, and $10 for third, respectively. The essay must follow standard MLA format (12 point size, Times New Roman Font, and Double Spaced), along with being at least 1-2 pages in length. The essay will be due on Friday, October 27. To turn it in, send the essay to Mr. Boyd if you’re in PHS, and Mrs. Huddleston for students at JEMS.

There are few more knowledgeable of teaching and its effects than CTA Representative, Michael Huddleston. Mr. Huddleston has been teaching for 10 years, and his family is full of teachers. He said “A lot of my family went to college, and that led them to going into education.” His parents were teachers, and he also has found himself a nice spot as a member of the Community Teachers Association. 

Teachers are a large part of a child’s development, and that is true as well for Mr. Huddleson.

He said, “The teachers that impacted me most were Mr. Kester and Mrs. Kay. So much so, that in my first year of teaching, I modeled most of how I taught after Kester.” As well, the teachers who were the most hard on him were coincidentally Mrs. Kay, and also Mrs. Cordia. 

Mr. Huddleston hopes that like Mrs. Kay and Mr. Kester, he can change the life of his students.