The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

PHS 2024 Senior Night

On Thursday, February 1, Potosi High School held senior night for the pommies, cheerleaders, and basketball boys. The Trojan basketball team honored the seniors by bringing home a win against the Fredericktown Blackcats with a final score of 72-46.

The seniors on the boys’ basketball team include Gabe Brawley, Keaton Ainley, Conner Gibson, Zeke Sisk, Luke Brabham, and JT Cross. The senior pommies are Kinley Gibson, Chloe Merseal, Kaitlyn Mosier, and Emma Schutz. The senior cheerleaders are Lillyan Bourbon and Nicole Fryman.

Pommies captain Kinley Gibson said, “What I will miss most is the girls on the team and getting to see them every day.”

An emotional senior presentation started by recognizing the twelve Trojans who have been dedicated to the team for the 2023-2024 winter season. Each senior had their name called out and was presented with gifts from their fellow players, parents, and coaches. The announcer would share the players’ activities and plans after graduation. The bleachers were full of people supporting them as they said goodbye to their last high school season of the sport they’d put their hard work and dedication into. It was a special night of recognition that helped create lasting memories for all those involved.

The Potosi Trojans’ next game is at home on Tuesday, February 13th, against South Iron.