The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

FHCC members took a trip to SLU

On March 22, ten FHCC members took a trip to SLU to visit the cadaver lab. 

The FHCC group takes this trip almost every year, but this year it was a lot of the students’ first times there. The students had many mixed feelings about seeing the cadavers, many not knowing what to think.

One of the first time students, Kali Cain, said, “It was probably one of the coolest things I’ve gotten to experience on a school trip. I got to see what a real human body looks like and it made me want to learn more.”

Along with many of the students, anatomy and biology teacher, Mrs. Bicksler, also had an interesting first time visiting a cadaver lab. She said, “Seeing the cadavers was a really cool experience. You can learn about the body and the organs all day, but it’s a completely different experience to actually see the inside of the human body. It really ties everything I’ve learned together.”

After the visit to the cadaver lab, the students left with a better understanding of what a human body includes and how it works. FHCC is thankful to be able to be involved in such an amazing experience and is very excited to go back next year.