The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

PHS Band invites you to Bi-State Marching Competition

Potosi Marching Band would like to invite you to the 21st annual Bi-State Marching Invitational on Saturday, Oct. 14, on the campus of Potosi High School in Potosi, Missouri. The festival is made up of a parade in the morning followed by a prelims/finals field show in the afternoon and evening.

You’ve probably seen the halftime show at our football games, or maybe you’ve been to an away football game and have gotten to see the other schools’ halftime performances. Bi-state is when bands from different states will gather right here in our little town of Potosi Missouri to compete. Mr. Simms said, “This year’s Bi-State Marching Invitational will feature 15 field show bands, 4 of them coming over from Illinois. It is a great opportunity to come to see some very talented bands that you don’t normally get the chance to see.”

This year there will be 20 bands performing throughout this event.  The parade goes through town at 9:30 am and the field show competition starts at noon and lasts roughly until 8:45 that night, after the award ceremony.  

The price to get in will be $10.00 for adults, and $5.00 for children/senior citizens, (children under 5 are free). There will be concessions as well as apparel and band merch available for purchase.

Please remember that students need to be respectful of the bands. Any donation would be greatly appreciated by the Potosi band. Poplar Bluff, Eureka High, Parkway North, Owensville, St. Clair High, Grandview R2, Waterloo High School, and New Haven are some but not all of the schools you can expect to be there.