The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Potosi High Seniors attend FAFSA Student Aid Event, What to Expect at the Next One

How students can find out more about FAFSA

Potosi High School hosted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) event on Wednesday, January 31. 

Registering for FAFSA is an opportunity for those that meet financial requirements to be awarded federal and state grants you will not end up having to pay back. 

PHS Senior Noelle Porter said that the hardest part of filling out the FAFSA was when her mom ended up filling out her social security number wrong, and had to have her dad make a whole new FSA ID, leading to it taking longer to get the forms sent out. 

Many other students and their parents also find filling out the FAFSA forms confusing and complicated. Mrs. Schlosser said, “If they [the students] need help, they can contact me or Miss. Gray, I’m here on Mondays and Wednesdays. I am in the room right across from Mrs. Lewis’ choir room, and Miss. Gray is in the counseling office in the lower round building.” 

Kaelynn Mosier won a 9” tablet during a drawing of students that attended the frenzy. For those who didn’t get to attend, there will be another FAFSA Frenzy event on Wednesday, February 21.