The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Exciting, new movies are being released in 2024

A mix of kids, horror, thriller, comedy, and much more below!

New, exciting movies are being released over the course of 2024. 

Movie One- “Twisters” starring Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell, and Anthony Ramos. Twisters is a standalone sequel to the 1996 film, “Twister.” This film follows a group of Storm Chasers who get trapped inside a twister. Will they make it out? Find out on July 19. 

Movie Two- “Wicked” is based on the musical about two completely different people becoming friends, a witch and a princess. This movie stars Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo. “Wicked” will be released on Thanksgiving of 2024.

Movie Three- “IF” stands for ‘Imaginary Friends’ which stars Ryan Reynolds, John Krasinski, Cailey Fleming, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Steve Carell. This movie is about several big, colorful, and fluffy creatures only seen by a little girl and her family. Will be released in theaters on May 17, 2024.

Movie Four- “Inside Out 2” is the sequel to the first movie. These emotions are inside a teenager’s head, and soon welcome a brand new emotion who seems to mess everything up, until he doesn’t. This sequel will be released on June 14, 2024. 

Movie Five- “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” is the newest movie of the “Planet of the Apes” franchise. This movie focuses on the apes realizing there is more life out there than just their own. Come along on these animals’ journeys as their lives begin to change. Released on May 10, and stars Freya Allan, Owen Teague, and Dichen Lachman.  

Movie Six- “Deadpool vs Wolverine” is a crossover. Wade is ambushed by a gang, and there is a fight between them, who will win in this never before seen rivalry? Find out on July 26. This movie will be starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, and Emma Corrin. 

Movie Seven- “Kung Fu Panda 4” is the fourth movie of the “Kung Fu Panda” franchise. Po is about to become a Spiritual Leader of the Valley of Peace, but he has to train a new Dragon Warrior, will everything go to plan? This movie hits theaters on March 8. Stars are Nora Lum, Jack Black, and Viola Davis. 

Movie Eight- “Despicable Me 4” is the fourth movie of the “Despicable Me” movies. The minions come to learn about Artificial Intelligence while Gru welcomes a new member of the family, Gru. Jr, who loves to torment him and the rest of the family. But a new villain comes to ruin Gru, who will it be? The Minions are welcomed back on the big screen on July 2. Starring Steve Carell, Miranda Cosgrove, Kristen Wiig, and Dana Gaier. 

Movie Nine- “A Quiet Place: Day One” is the origin of how “A Quiet Place” all started. You will learn how these creatures who will eat off anything that makes a sound begin to prey. Can you survive? This spin-off prequel will hit theaters on June 28 and stars Joseph Quinn, Djimon Hounsou, and Lupita Nyong’o.

These are just a few of many great films hitting theaters this year!