The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Potosi Prepares for Ms. D’s Honorary 3rd Annual Walk

Ms. D’s Caring Hands Third Annual Run and Walk is in memory of Ms. Ashlee DeMarinis. She was beloved by many students.

Current Potosi High senior Tate Luther said, “She was very nice and helpful to her students. Ms. D always went above and beyond for everyone.”

DeMarinis was a Special Education teacher at John Evans Middle School. She passed away in 2020 after complications with COVID. The event will be on Saturday, September 23, 2023, at 7 p.m., the route will start at the Trojan Sports Complex on Highway 185.

Potosi High Special Education teacher Mrs. Bradley said, “Potosi having an annual walk for Ashlee is a great honor and just amazing. She was a caring, patient, and happy person who would do anything for anyone.”

If you are in the National Honor Society here at PHS, you can also get 3 hours of credit if you participate in the walk. You must pick up and fill out a community service form from Mrs. Christopher in the library to get credit for these hours. You can have Mrs. Merseal or another member running this event sign your paper.