The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Mrs. Mims Inspires Potosi Staff and Students

Many teachers don’t know how many students and staff they impact in their years of teaching. One teacher who has done some extraordinary things is Mrs. Carol Mims. Mrs. Mims is Mrs. Long’s maternity leave substitute at Potosi High School.

During Trojan time tutoring the first two weeks of October, Mrs. Mims will be offering an enrichment class consisting of learning how to crochet with tips and tricks. She is encouraging students who would like to know this type of skill to sign up.

Senior Lucy Coleman said, “I think it is really cool and beneficial to students who want to learn this particular skill.”

Mrs. Mims has been teaching in the Potosi R3 district since 1989. She was inspired to be a teacher because she wanted to leave a positive impact on her students, help them grow, and help them become the best version of themselves. The classes she has taught throughout her amazing career were ELA at John Evans Middle School, 4th grade, learning disabilities classes, and several more. She coached track, volleyball, and basketball. Mrs. Mims in her teaching career and even personal life has done things such as helping establish special education classes at Kingston, alongside Sharon Head in 1985, and having a fundraiser at her church to help Potosi’s Pregnancy Resource Center.

Mrs. Mims said, “I want my students to know that anything is possible, you just need to believe in yourself and make a plan.”

Mrs. Mims is very excited to inspire and encourage the Potosi High students to be the best version of themselves every day.