The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

PHS students watch Puffs at Farmington high school

Photo from Farmington High school facebook page.

On Nov 3, 40 PHS theater students took a trip to Farmington to see the theater department’s production of Puffs.

Mr. Dement had the opportunity to take 40 theater students to see Farmington theater students’ production of Puffs. He got the 40 tickets for the students on a slight discount.

Many kids were excited about this opportunity, taking a permission slip and turning it in with the required money.

Puffs is a comedy play by Matt Cox in 2015, the first production of it being Dec 3, 2015. Puffs is about a teen boy, named Wayne Hopkins, who finds out he is a wizard one day. After finding out he is a wizard, he travels to England to attend school where he is sorted as a Puff. Wayne and his two friends just want to learn at school, but they keep being thrown into adventures, being attacked by evil wizards all while learning how to be wizards.

Puffs has a run time of 1 hour and 30 minutes, consisting of two acts. In the first act, it shows the beginning stages of Wayne Hopkins getting to a Certain school of Magic and Magic. In act one, Wayne makes 2 friends, Megan and Oliver. Throughout the act, they get closer and figure out life as wizards. In act two, the 3 friends go through the many challenges that arise while dealing with school and the loss of a Puffs member. In the end, Wayne finally accepts his fate as a wizard and finished school.

Mr. Dement said, “The story was a bit mature, but still funny. The kids loved it.”

After Puffs ended, students were able to talk to the cast and take photos if they wanted to. All of the students were telling the cast how much they loved the play.

Even after getting on the bus to go home, students continued to talk about Puffs with Mr. Dement.