The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

ACT and ASVAB testing comes to PHS this week

Attention Juniors!
State tests needed for graduation

Two state-wide tests are happening this week here at PHS that will help many students meet graduation requirements.

On Thursday, December 7, PHS will give Juniors the ASVAB test, also known as the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test. This is a test that measures abilities in learning to predict academic and career filled success. These scores can introduce counselors to each individual student’s ideas and needs for their future academic, career, and even military interests. The summary sheets show results such as Career Exploration scores, ASVAB subtest scores, and the student’s Military Entrance score. 

Also this week on Saturday, December 9, Potosi will be hosting a testing site for an ACT test for this semester. Students who took the Practice ACT have gotten their free test waivers and were able to register for this test. Mrs. Merseal has practice packets in her office for students who would like to prepare for Saturday on their own. To sign up for a testing site if you have missed this deadline, using your free waiver, visit my.ACT.org, pick a date and location, put it in your cart, and then continue to checkout to redeem your free test. 

Mrs. Merseal said, “If you prefer to prepare with me, I’d be happy to meet with you for ACT prep any time this week before or after school.” 

These tests will be great opportunities for Juniors to meet their graduation requirements. If you are not sure about your graduation progress, such as needed credits and tests, please visit with your counselor before the end of the school year. Potosi will also offer a few more Spring ACT testing sites, along with a free one for Juniors in April of 2024.