The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Potosi Trojans football team beats the Ste. Genevieve Dragons

For the first time since 2014, the PHS Trojan varsity football team defeated the Ste. Genevieve Dragons by a score of 29 – 28.

There were two standout plays that helped the Trojans clench a homecoming victory. One of them was the blocked field goal by junior Ean Eaton. The other one was sophomore Noah Walton’s two point conversion to put the game away.

Senior Jarren Cross had 10 tackles, standing next to him was freshman Carter Pyatt with eight tackles. Walton had 102 rushing yards and Cross had 65.

Cross said, β€œIt feels amazing to have won the homecoming game against Ste. Genevieve.”

Due to an injury of senior quarterback Luke Brabham, sophomore Jude Litton played quarterback and ended it with 60 passing yards. Sophomore Thomas Lambing had 53 receiving yards.

Freshman Blayne Maxwell said, β€œI think we won the game because the team was ready and focused.” Maxwell concluded that he had a positive experience during the game.

The Trojan’s next game is on 10/6 at Saint Charles West High School. The next home game is on 10/13 against the North County Raiders.