The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Sisk and Smith named All-State

Girls and boys cross country teams headed to the state cross country meet.

Both boys and girls PHS cross country teams competed at the MSHSAA State Cross Country meet on Saturday, November 4 at the Gans Creek course in Columbia, MO.

The Potosi boys team finished in 12th out of 16 teams and the girls finished 15th. Both teams had hard competition this year. Although there was tough competition, the weather was perfect for an awesome race.

Along with both teams making it to state, two runners were named All-State in the state competition. Potosi senior Ezekiel Sisk(16:20) placed 16th and junior Alex Smith(16:35) finished 28th. Top 30 runners are named All-State.

Potosi freshman A’Montae Hill(21:15) said, “It was a good race, I got a new PR and I didn’t get last because I was ranked last. The Principia boy thought he had me but he ate my dust.”

Potosi junior Allison Land(21:42) said, “I thought that it went okay, everyone tried their hardest. I wanted to PR but that didn’t happen but it was okay because I was still close to getting it. Really proud of Zeke and Alex for medaling because it was cool to have two people on the podium. I had a lot of fun, sky zone was fun and I’m really glad I got to go this year.”

This year was a successful year for the Potosi cross country teams.