The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The PHS boys basketball team has high hopes for this season

Last basketball season, the varsity PHS boys team met their expectations and ended the season with 22 wins and 7 losses.

With three returning starters, including Gabe Brawley, JT Cross, and Carter Whitley, this year’s expectations are even higher. Other varsity returners are Conner Gibson, Zeke Sisk, Keaton Ainley, and Luke Brabham. Newcomers to varsity include Liam Degonia, Ayden Ricketts, EJ Sansegraw, and Kanaan Wilson.

Basketball coach Jackson Conaway said, “We have put in a lot of hard work over the off-season as a group and individually, which should help us be successful throughout the season. Every year, we want to compete at a high level each time we step on the court, and hopefully that will lead to us competing for the district championship.”

Sisk explained that they have some unfinished business from last season against Central, who is their biggest competitor. After the two defeats last year that PHS received against Central, Cross explained how they were looking to settle the score.

At the beginning of the season, each player has goals in mind for them to accomplish throughout the season.

Cross said, “My biggest goals for the season are to be a team player and to have the most rebounds.”

Brawley said, “My goals for the season are to get to 20 wins and make it to the district championship.

Whitley explained that his biggest goal for the season is for the team to win as many games as they can and to be a team player.

The boys basketball team has had fun bonding and creating new memories this season. Cross explained that his favorite moment so far has been swatting the ball out of Sisk’s hands.

Wilson said, “My favorite moment so far this season has been blocking Brabham when he was going in for a layup.”

The boys basketball team’s first home game is Dec. 5th against Jefferson R-7. We are wishing them good luck and hope that they have a good season.