The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

The PHS varsity girls basketball team plays their first game at Desoto

On Monday, Nov. 27, the PHS varsity girls basketball team traveled to Desoto to start their season in the Desoto Fountain City Classic tournament.

The Lady Trojans started with freshman Eden Robart, juniors Aubree Wilson and Lani Elder, and seniors Nora Henry and Gracie Lawson. While they came out strong in the first half and held a 10-point lead over the Dragons, in the second half, the Trojans only scored a total of 10 points. The Lady Trojans got the win and defeated the Desoto Dragons with a final score of 40-36.

Wilson said, “For it being our very first game and a few of the girls first varsity game, I feel like the team did well. We did so many good things during the game but struggled with rebounding and being tired. Those two crucial things cost us points in the second half. On the bright side, everyone got their first game jitters out and worked super hard together to defeat the Desto dragons. Now it’s time to work even harder and go into the Festus game with strong mindsets to play in the championship game!”

Ava Wright said, “I was really nervous since it was the first game of the season. I thought we did really well for all of us playing together for the first time. I believe we got all of our nervousness out of our system, and we are preparing to take on Festus in the semi-finals.”

The Lady Trojans are prepared to take on the rest of the season. They play in the semi-final game on Friday, Dec. 1, at Desoto against Festus.