The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Potosi Trojans power through to upset the Central Rebels

The Potosi Trojans upset the Central Rebels 82-71 on Friday, January 5 at Central’s home court after 9 years of falling to the Rebels. 

Potosi junior Carter Whitley led the Trojans with 32 points followed by senior Gabe Brawley with 24, senior Luke Brabham with 12, and freshman Kanaan Wilson with 9.

Potosi senior JT Cross said,” I was nervous in a good way before the game because we have never beaten them before, even in middle school. It was pretty cool to beat them. I stir up a lot of things with the other team because I like how they react to it and we got in their heads this year. After the game there were a lot of emotions. We just went out and did our thing.”

Brawley came out strong in the 4th quarter after taking a hard hit to the head in the end of the 3rd.

The Trojans went 100% from the free throw line in the 4th quarter. Central senior Jobe Bryant was in foul trouble with 4 fouls by the end of the game.

The Trojans hurt the Rebels by getting the ball into the paint to Brabham for consecutive 2-footers.

Potosi Trojans take on Union on Wednesday, January 10 and Fredericktown Friday, January 12 for the 2024 homecoming game.

View Comments (1)