The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

PHS wrestling teams hosts two teams Wednesday 1/17

On Wednesday, January 17, Potosi High’s boys and girls wrestling team will host a home meet versing not one, but two surrounding schools, Festus and North County. 

Potosi coach and teacher Michael Huddleston said, “I feel like we get to see a group of kids that sometimes you don’t get to connect to in the classroom and this is another way to impact their lives, hopefully in a positive manner. This is the biggest group we have had. The school’s support is amazing, and I know the kids appreciate it.”

Both girls’ and boys’ wrestling has more wrestlers than ever before. Their teams have grown in size over the past years.

Senior Scarlet Boyer said, “I love and appreciate the support, but I do get my head into the game and I get so into my matches that I cannot really focus on anything but that moment.”

These students have been working hard since October. The team still has several meets, districts, sectionals, and State left.

Come out and support our Trojans and Lady Trojans wrestling team as they power through the last few months of their 2023-2024 season!