The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

PHS Boys defeat Ste. Genevieve for Homecoming Victory

Hallie Payne
Senior guard, Gabe Brawley pulls up from midrange vs the Dragons

On Friday, January 19, the Potosi Trojan boys basketball team defeated the Ste. Genevieve Dragons 68-35 in the PHS homecoming game.

The Trojans came out strong in the first quarter, holding a 16-point lead over the Dragons. Going into halftime, the gap had grown, resulting in a score of 37-16. The Trojans came out strong in the second half, scoring 20 points in the 3rd quarter to put the game away. 

The Trojans fought hard to defeat the Dragons for their 2024 homecoming basketball victory. Lead scorers Senior Gabe Brawley and Junior Carter Whitley each scored an impressive 22 points. 

Following the game, Brawley stated, “The environment of homecoming was very positive. Everyone seemed to be cheering and having a good time as we played well.”

Whitley agreed, saying, “I like the crowd a lot. They were very loud, so that was cool, and it should be like that more.”

The Trojans also played on Tuesday, January 23, securing a 70-48 win over the Kingston Cougars. 

The Trojans’ next game is on Friday, January 26, at North County High School vs the Raiders.