The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Three Trojan wrestlers finishing in the top at Central tournament

Ava Wright
Carter Pyatt wins the first round against North County on Saturday, February 3.

Potosi Trojan wrestling teams competed at Park Hills Central on Sat. February 3, with both teams finishing 3rd place.

The Trojan wrestling teams had three team members finish first in the tournament.

Potosi senior Allison Missey finished first in the 115 weight class. Potosi freshman Launa Cantrell finished first in the 145 weight class, and Potosi freshman Carter Pyatt finished first in the 150 weight class.

Missey said, “ The tournament was really good. It was the last tournament as boys and girls together and now it’s all individual and I think everyone did very well this past weekend.”

The Potosi Trojan boys team had multiple finishes in the top 3. Potosi senior Aden Martinez third, sophomore Levi Dicus 3rd, freshman Gavin Stone third, and freshman Zane Richards second.

Pyatt said, “I went into it and Ste. Genevieve was there but luckily their best wrestler in 150 wasn’t there. I had my first match against North County and I beat him in the first round. My second match was against Notre Dame and I beat him. The last match was tough, he beat me in the first round. I came back and beat him. We did very well this past Saturday. ”

The Potosi Trojan girls team also had multiple finishes in the top 3. Potosi sophomore Alexis Missey finished third, Potosi seniors Harley Vance and Carly Saunders, and sophomore Jazmine Ramsey all finished second.

Vance said, “It was fun, it was definitely a challenging tournament for me. Our girls did really well though.”

The girls team will wrestle in the district tournament this Saturday, February 9 at Union High School.