The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Uncle Jimmy’s brings a new taste to Potosi

If you’re in need of a  new taste to the town and a mouth watering surprise, Uncle Jimmy’s is the perfect place for you.

Uncle Jimmy’s is owned by Abigail Schrum, she was born and raised in Potosi, Missouri, and Kohen Waller, from Belgrade, Missouri.

Kohen said, “It’s the ‘Childhood memories’ that bring inspiration to Uncle Jimmy’s.”

Abigail said, “It’s the joy and love that guided me to wanna bring more to our town.” 

Uncle Jimmy’s made their first appearance in the summer of 2023 at one of Potosi’s First Friday events. They started their long hard journey off with shaved ice. It wasn’t that easy though, the process was let alone long and hard, with just about a  year of work and construction, Abigail and Kohen soon decided to take the next level , opening their own shop while also bringing in fireworks.

Summer of 2023 was a big hit for the couple, which led them to go further into business opening with more than shaved ice, they now offer sweet treats and amazing food. Uncle Jimmy’s offers a variety of foods from nachos to burgers, wraps, loaded fries, cool drinks like flavored lemonade, limeades, and homemade sweet tea. 

As a sister to the owner Abigail Schrum, and a student at PHS, working at Uncle Jimmy’s this summer didn’t take my summer away as I thought it would. Uncle Jimmy’s became a hangout spot for most PHS students. It wasn’t just work but it was fun, spending late nights there and even after school and sport games. There was a parking lot full all summer and still, as the school year continues.