The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Lady Trojans come out strong and defeat the Lady Blackcats in the first round of districts

On February 26 the varsity girls basketball team played Herculaneum at Central High School in the first game of districts. 

Starters were senior Nora Henry, junior Ava Wright, junior Lani Elder, sophomore Shannon Riddle, and freshman Eden Robart.  

Before the game Wright said, “To win this game we will have to start out strong and keep a positive attitude the whole time. Last time we played them it was a physically rough game and we are now prepared to see that.” 

At the end of the first half the Lady Trojans lead the Blackcats 38 to 21. They forced multiple turnovers and executed their plays. 

The Lady Trojans finished the game with a score of 66 to 42. Henry had the most points ending the game with 19, Elder was close behind with 16. 

They play next in the semifinal game on February 28 at Central Park Hills against the Lady Rebels.