The Odyssey

The Student News Site of Potosi High School

• April 18Seniors! RSVP for Decision Day on April 29
  • April 18Anyone with info on where Mr. Kester went, please call 1-917-259-6364

The Odyssey

The Odyssey

Girls wrestling team secures 3 state spots!

Jazmine Ramsey, Allison Missey, and Launa Cantrell the three state qualifiers.

On Saturday, February 10 the girl’s wrestling team traveled to Union Missouri for their district’s tournament. The team got 3 state spots. The girls who won the state spots were Allie Missey, Launa Cantrell, and Jazmine Ramsey. 

Mr. Huddleston explained that with motivation and hard work, the girl’s team was able to have 4 girls go to the blood round and 3 win state spots. 

Jazmine Ramsey is a sophomore at Potosi High School she’s come super far as an underclassman and, she stated “It feels surreal to get this far as an underclassman but I am super grateful for this opportunity.” 

Since three of our girls won state spots they will be leaving for Mizzou on February 20th, the state competition will last two days. The competition will take place in Mizzou’s basketball gym. 

The wrestling team has put in much hard work and dedication to get this far. The boys wrestling team has districts at Sullivan on the 16th and 17th and hopefully, they will secure some state spots as well.